The American Ceramic Society sets out to advance the study, understanding, and use of ceramics and related materials. More than 10,000 scientists, engineers, researchers, manufacturers, plant personnel, educators, students, marketing and sales professionals from more than 70 countries make up the members of The American Ceramic Society.
The mission of PCSA is to engage students as active and long-term leaders in the ceramics community and to increase participation in ACerS at the local, national, and international levels.
The PCSA’s goals and objectives are as follows:
- To coordinate student-focused ceramic programming at technical meetings.
- To develop and implement ceramics-focused outreach activities.
- To facilitate industry-student relations.
- To promote ceramic science and engineering at the university and local levels.
- To provide a way for students and young professionals to become and remain actively engaged as leaders in the ceramic materials community.
The PCSA also runs a number of different programs, these include but are not limited to:
- Humanitarian Pitch Competition
- Mentor Program
- #MaterialsLife Challenge
- Shot Glass Competition at ICACC
- Student and Industry Failure Trials (SIFT) Competition at ICACC
For more information regarding the activities of the American Ceramic Society or their President’s Council of Student Advisors, please visit The American Ceramic Society web pages.